Monday, September 14, 2009

Fish for dinner

I'm so glad that Brett is a better cook then me. He cooked the Trout that the boys caught the other day for dinner. I'm not a big fish eater. I like Halibut quite a bit, but that's about all I've been brave enough to try.

Since the boys caught the fish, I had to try it to be a good example to the big fisherman. Duncan likes to fish, but doesn't like to actually EAT them. So I had some so that he would eat it too. Brett did a great job with the fish. I really enjoyed it.

He used fresh pepper, salt, garlic powder, fresh sage, fresh rosemary, and lemon slices inside the fish. Then he wrapped it in tin foil and put them on the grill. It was really good!!!!!

Maybe I'll be ok with this fishing obsession after all.

Now Brett says he might be going hunting in the next few years........AAAAAA!!!!! A little Trout is one thing but what the heck to do with a great big Deer or Elk???????

I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

5 comments:

Alli said...

just ask bishop. since my mom married him we have learned how to prepare fish in many ways, make elk stakes and antelope burgers!

Melanie Lutz said...

I'll have to! My family are definitely vegetarian but the only hunting I recall my Dad doing is Pheasant. I know how to cook a bird!

Melanie Lutz said...

I meant NOT vegetarian!! LOL!

Brett Lutz said...

Don't worry honey, I'll start small. Some birds (pheasant and duck), then move on up to larger game (deer and elk).

As to the proper way to prepare trout, I just found a recipe for "Bacon Wrapped Trout". Bacon improves everything!

Morgan said...

Way to go! You actually ate the fish. I would have been gagging. You're an awesome mom. I know how to make real good jerky if he ever does decide to go hunting.