Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 9, No Nap

Today is the 9th day Jason hasn't taken a nap. I don't know what to do.....he's just barely 2 years old. If you saw his exhausted face by the end of the day I think you would understand my anxiety. He's tired!!! Why won't he sleep?

Everyday I change his diaper, take off his hearing aid, give him his bottle, and put him to bed. He looks all happy and snuggles under his blanket. He always looks like he's going to fall asleep. Without fail he starts screaming and playing about 30 minutes later. When I go to check on him he's poopy. So I change him, put him back in his crib, but he never goes to sleep.......*sigh*

I've tried changing his routine; earlier bedtime, later bedtime, different lunch time, running him around in the van, taking him for a walk, wearing him out outside. Nothing is working. I even tried benadryl to see if maybe I could coax him back into a routine. It didn't even phase him. He never got drowsy or groggy.......Ugh. What to do, what to do?

No comments: