Monday, April 13, 2009

Sick kids and eye openers.

I woke up this morning to Tori telling me she had a soar throat. I told her if she wanted to stay home that was fine, but she had to help me with Jason. Of course she was thrilled to stay home, and Duncan was madder then a rattler that he had to go to school. Tori was a great help while I worked, and then we decided the weather was nice enough that we would walk Samantha to school. Yes, I actually walked Samantha to school. I'm so excited that the weather cooperated today! On the way to school I advised Tori that she would be taking a nap. When you stay home sick from school you always have to take a nap. We got to school and Tori advised me she would like to stay for the rest of school.....LOL! I advised her that that was not an option and just because she didn't want to take a nap didn't mean she was going to go to school now. So my two kids that are home today are now in bed. Teach her to stay home from school, huh?

I finally listened to a tape that Paula, from PIP, brought me on Friday. It is an audio of what a severe, moderate, and mild hearing loss would sound like. WOW!!! All I can say is I can speak English and have been for 30 years now, and I couldn't understand what was being said, even on the mild hearing loss portion of the tape. No wonder my baby isn't speaking yet.

Now I know what you are going to say, "But Mel, your son only has a hearing loss in 1 ear." But, that means on a GOOD day he is only hearing about 50% of things. He's a busy boy. He never stops moving. When is his good ear always facing the right way? So I've gotta be more diligent about the hearing aid!!!! Wish me luck!

No comments: