Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Today has come and gone, and I actually got a nap today! Usually Easter is from Dawn til Dusk go, go, go. But my sweet hubby let me take a break in the middle of all of it and rest up for the week.

I'm not a fan of the Easter Bunny. I find it all very silly. That is not what Easter is about for me, it's about the love of Christ and what he did for us. He died and then was resurrected so that we could live again. Also, my father tried to shoot the Easter Bunny when I was little. It really made him angry that the plastic easter grass would end up all over the house and he would always have to clean it out of the vaccuum. He chased the Easter Bunny out the door and the Bunny left a huge trail of candy as he ran with his life, and his fluffy tail tucked between his legs.

However, the kids really like the Easter Bunny, and they like candy so we always have Easter baskets. The kids found their baskets and we got ready to go to church with sugar filled children. Here are my cute kids in there new Easter Clothes!
Jason was exhausted all day. He fell asleep at church and refused to take a nap afterward. As you can see he's got very bleary red eyes.Duncan thinks that he needs to act cool when he has his picture taken anymore. It drives me crazy!! He advised me the other day that he was now a Pre-Teen. UGH!!!!

Tori's eyes still hurt quite a bit in the sun. This was the best I could get with an outside shot.

Samantha is my goober. She didn't want to sit for a picture this morning.

Here is a quick run through of the Easter egg hunt at grandma Child's house.

No comments: