Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Work and Play


Jason hasn't been feeling well, he has a pretty good fever at the moment and is a cranky little baby. So we decided since we were home to make some Sweet Pepper Relish! I've been looking for this stuff in the store for years. I used to eat it at a bountiful bagel restaurant but it went out of business and no store around here carries the stuff. So Brett and I made it and canned a ton. Yes I said canned!! Brett did most of the canning, he's more intelligent then I and can pick up on that stuff faster. We did a really good job. I think all the cans sealed and now we have 24 1/2 pint jars of the stuff. It's really good. So if you want any let me know!!
Then Paula Pittman came to the house and we had a nice talk about Jason and his progress. He has started to talk to people, in his own language, and try and communicate. He's fascinated with telephones and can talk to Brett for 1/2 hour if I would let him. We'll see if things get better over the next couple of weeks. We are supposed to be repeating sentences for him to hear, and recognize. Hopefully someday he'll be able to communicate a little bit so he doesn't throw so many fits! He's starting to get frustrated, and I think a lot of it stems from not being able to say what he needs. We'll see how things progress.

No comments: