Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday

We went grocery shopping this morning. Jason really hates sitting in the carts lately. Last week, when Duncan and Brett were at Soccer, I tried to use the baby-leash on him. That ended up with a broken spaghetti sauce jar on the floor. So after we finished up at Costco I gave him my list and the marker. He just laid his head down and started coloring. That was kind of a nice break.

We had the Missionaries stop by again. That's twice this week. I guess we are their favorite now. They wanted to ask Brett something, but he was picking up a new tail-light for my van. So I told them I'd have Brett give them a call. They said something about a Family Home Evening with them, so I told Brett to ask them when they want to come to one with us. I never thought we would have the Missionaries over quite so often.

Jason's been spending a lot of time in his room the last couple of days. It's been quite lovely. We've been discussing getting a twin bed for his room soon, but we've been debating the funds that would require. I was reading online, about good beds for Autistic children. I stumbled across a question about water beds being good for Autistic children. The beautiful thing is, Brett had a Super-single water bed when he was younger. Even better my Mother-in-Law kept it, and it's in their garage. The only thing we will have to do is buy a new bladder, some water bed sheets, and maybe a new heater. Woo-Hoo!!! This might be a way for me to get him into his room. If he enjoys his room, maybe he'll stay in it.

Samantha has been playing with the neighbors this week. She has spent this whole week in a swimming suit. Even if she doesn't end up getting wet, she is in her suit.

Tori had her first Activity Day's with the 10-11 year old girls this week. She was VERY excited to be one of the big girls.

Duncan of course went camping, and then has spent the majority of the week jumping back and forth between our house and Britton's house to play on the x-box. He did actually play in the sprinklers with Tori yesterday, so I can't say he's spent ALL week playing video games.

Brett has been working a lot, of course. He's had his regular job, and then my boss has been having him program a bunch of stuff. Hopefully he'll finish up soon so we get a huge check! =)

I've just been trying to survive one day at a time. Having a clear idea of the Brett's schedule has sure helped. I hate it when I don't know when he's going to be home. I guess I'd get used to it if I had to, but for now it's really nice to know the details.

1 comment:

sidskids said...

how about we get what you need for Jason's bed for his birthday?? Unless you have another idea for him.