Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tori Update

Tori had an appointment with Dr. Olafsson this morning.

We got into an exam room pretty quickly. We had the resident doctor do a pretty thorough exam on her. He spent a good 45 minutes, trying to adjust her vision. I could tell he was getting a little concerned because he couldn't get her left eye to adjust to the lens correction. I suggested that maybe her artificial lens might have been bumped out of place. He looked at her through the slit lamp and then his demeanor changed. Her lens is starting to build up proteins. Which explains the difficulty in the correction. This is good news in that we will be able to fix her vision once again. She will have to have her lens polished in the next little while.

Dr. Olafsson came into the office looked her over, readjusted her correction, agreed with the lens buildup, and put a bifocal contact lens into her left eye. She was really excited about the print in her book, but walking around and looking at distances is a little weird. It will take some time for her to adjust to the new contact lens, and we will see what happens when she has her artificial lens polished if she will still need the lens.

So next will be seeing Dr. Moshirfar. More appointments for me.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I have had Kerateconus in both my eyes since I was 22. I had a cornea transplant about 10 years ago. The cornea in my right eye has not grown too pointed yet and I hope it doesn't. I do not want another transplant!!. I understand how frustrating it is to try and get vision adjusted. My vision is so distorted at times it drives me nuts. Good luck. Glad she can still get help.