Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Taking Advantage

Here is where I admit that I suck!!!

Brett called me from the train saying that he had heard that Jay Mohr was coming to SLC that very evening.  I follow him on Twitter, and I listen to his podcast.  This is not something I would recommend if you have a problem with crassness and cursing.  I usually don't, so I laugh at his podcast all the time.  With my headphones on of course.

I'm a jerk!  I decided to try and get free tickets to the show.  This is my measly attempt.


We went swimming.  I didn't really think it would work.  When we finished swimming I had a direct message from the man himself!

We got Duncan and Curtis to babysit.  Curtis is actually responsible......

It was so strange going out for a night on the town.  I've never been in a comedy club.  I've never legally been in a bar.  TEEHEE...I used to illegally serve food in a club that was under my Dad's restaurant when there was no one else to do it.  

No one really believe that this would work out.  I wasn't sure that this would work out.  I went to the will call and said. "I need to pick up some tickets."  I handed her my ID and then she started looking at the will call list.  She was looking confused and said, "Did you order online?"  I felt a little embarrassed and said, "No, he said that he'd have some tickets waiting for us."  I was so nervous I couldn't even remember his name.  Someone came from the back room and asked my name, and then she handed me the tickets.  SHOCKED and smiling I took the tickets to Brett who was waiting in line.
 It was so fun!!  Brett and I snuggled, and laughed.  No chuckling or teeheeing.  Full on Bwa-ha-haing.  There was a few times that I laughed and Brett had to cover his ear.  I think part of the reason that we had so much fun was the fact that we were OUT!  Of course he is brilliantly funny, but I can't tell you the last time we went out before this.

After the show, we decided to wait in line and tell Jay thank you.  I know it wasn't much for him to ask for tickets for us, but he actually did it.  So we had to say thanks.  

We walked up to him and I said, "Hi, I'm Melanie Lutz"
I of course thought he wouldn't even know who I was or why I was telling him my name.
No!!!  He lit up!  He grabbed me and hugged me.  He looked around and said, "My twitter friends!!  They came!!!  Hey these are my twitter friends!!!"
He asked about us, and how we enjoyed the show.  He said, "You just made my night!"

We made his night???  He made ours!!!  

Of course we were waiting in line and there were about 50 people behind us, so we had to go.  He shook our hands again and said, "You pray for me tonight, because I'm going to be praying for you."  I believe he did.  And I prayed for him as well.  What a nice guy.
As we went to walk away he grabbed me one more time hugged me and kissed me on the cheek.
Jay Mohr gave Brett and I an awesome date night.  So much fun!  Also so awesome that he is willing to support the Autism community so willingly.  
Again, I will tell all that will listen...Jay Mohr is a REALLY Nice Guy!!  

No comments: