Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Child Family Reunion

We had our Child Family Reunion this year at Cherry Hill.  We only had 3 days, but it was packed full of fun.  We went on July 25th to the camp ground and Brett set everything up.

July 26th we all went to Lagoon.  We prepared for the worst case scenario and got a t-shirt for Jason.  My In-Laws have a vinyl cutter and we cut out some iron on and made this AWESOME shirt.  It gave us quite a few looks, but at least we were ready...just in case.


The first ride was The bat.  The kids had so much fun.  Jason wasn't sure at first but once it stopped he grabbed the safety bar and threw a fit until we got back into line.

Jeff insisted that my Dad go on a ride with him.  They think they are so grown up.  =)

Duncan and I went on Jet Star 2.  I made him film it.  It's kind of fun.


Samantha didn't like going on the big rides, but she loved going on the kiddy rides.  She would have stayed in this area all day if she didn't have older siblings she would have.
Jason was loving the rides, so I figured Samantha could be the big girl and take her little brother on a ride. I'm grateful that Jason didn't try to get out of his seat belt.
 Here we were on Puff.  Duncan wanted to take Jason on every ride he could. 
 Here Duncan and I are waiting for everyone to go to Pioneer Village.
 My kids don't wait very well, so we ended up going on the log ride before everyone else got there for lunch.  We were soaked.  It's funny.  I remember the ride feeling much longer when I was little.

My parents decided they wanted a picture of the grand kids dressed up.  You can imagine how successful that would be with Jason.  He did pretty good considering.   He was the last one to be placed and we had to re-place him every shoot.  But it was fun, and the kids got a good picture.

 

 


After that we were all spent.  We got ice cream and Jason got an ICEE.  He must have been really dry because he drank the whole thing by himself.

I made Samantha go on the Tidal Wave, (She screamed the whole time) and then we could go on the lovely train.  She was so excited to go on a calm ride.

 Jason went on Wicked, and Colossus. He loved them.  Then Duncan wanted to take him on a Ferris wheel type ride that actually spins you upside down.   Once again....he loved it.  Duncan is so proud of his baby brother.
 The girls had to wait to go on the sky ride.  I thought they were going to cry from waiting.
 Once we got off the sky ride it was time to go to the Rocket.  I hate these types of rides so Brett got to go with them.  


I'm quite impressed with my phone.  I got this shot from the video.

 Then we went on the Flying Aces.  Jason actually clapped and said Yay after the first ride.
 July 27th we went into the water park at Cherry Hill.  My kids could spend all day in the park. Jason's favorite part was the old hydrotubes.  He got to the point where he would go stand in line and wait as patiently as he possibly could.  But we spent most of the time in the lazy river.



Duncan has to torment my Dad every once in a while.

This is what I did at Cherry Hill.  I figured if we would really lose him anywhere it would be at the water park.  However.....we did come out still having 4 kids.





We then went and took family pictures.  Our family keeps getting bigger.  Even if the numbers don't the kids are growing!!  This was the last of the pictures.  I'll post them as soon as I get them from Leslie.
That evening we watched a movie outside.  My folks have an old screen and Chad brought a projector. The kids loved that experience.


The last thing we did was go to Farmington Pond and the kids played and swung from the rope swing.  Jason waited only long enough for me to let go of his hand, and then he was in the pond! 




 He got cold and decided Aunt Berrie was warm...I think.












No comments: