Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Good Morning Sunshine

Jason had me up at 5:30am. Not my finest hour. However, I did pretty good.

Let me explain: Last night I made 3 loaves of bread, and started some cinnamon rolls. The bread turned out wonderful! I've made it before so that wasn't too tough. The cinnamon roll recipe said to put 2 cups of HOT water. HOT? Naw........OK, always follow the recipe. My rolls did not raise, so I left them on the stove to see if they would raise to cook this morning.

5:30am hit and Jason was up and ready to go. So I got up and turned the stove on and put the rolls in to proof. I set it really low and left the oven door open. Then went back into my bed to contain Jason. After about 15 minutes I went back in and they were all big and beautiful. So I preheated the oven and put them back in for the 20 minute wait.

Duncan got out of bed and asked me what on earth I was doing out of bed already. Of course, it was even more strange because I was sitting on the floor in front of the oven with Jason on my lap. Then I explained what I was doing Duncan was overjoyed!! Fresh cinnamon rolls for breakfast! What more could any kid ask?

No comments: