Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Bunny how I hate you!

I'm not 100% why I don't like the Easter Bunny. I've explained on this blog previously about my Dad's complete detest of the Easter Bunny as well. I will reiterate once again.

My Dad HATED cleaning out the vacuum cleaner. He HATED that all his girls had long hair, at least when it was time to clean out the vacuum. He HATED Easter grass. You know that lovely plastic stuff at the bottom of baskets. So one year the Easter Bunny visited and my Dad was waiting up for him with his shot gun. He scared the Easter bunny away and our baskets were left in a heap and a trail of candy was out the door. Needless to say, I can't imagine we left very much of the Easter grass around the house that year.

I don't think that this is why I am apposed to the Easter Bunny. I just think it's too silly for words. However, the kids think the Easter Bunny is AWESOME! So I'm going to try and not be a Easter Scrooge this year.

We are in the process of making our own Easter Baskets. Balloons, string, and glue. We'll see how they turn out. I don't think they will last longer then tomorrow afternoon, but that is all we need from them.
We decorated Easter eggs, which I can't remember EVER doing with my kids. Duncan decided he had better things to do, so it was just the me and the girls.
Sam's cute hands.
Tori loved every minute of it. Anything creative makes her happy.


Jason did have fun peeling the one egg that broke in the boiling. However he didn't find them the least bit appealing.

This was my egg. I saw an episode of Reading Rainbow when I was little where a lady made Eggs and used wax to cover areas to have multiple colors on eggs. I thought it sounded like fun, so I wanted to give it a try. It didn't turn out too impressive. I lost my attention span.

Last but not least Samantha put stickers on her eggs. It should be an enjoyable day.

No comments: