Friday, March 18, 2011

Duncan is twelve

Twelve years ago today; was the beginning of my adventures in Motherhood. We were scheduled to be induced, and we drove out to the hospital. Of course I was terrified but so excited to finally meet my little man. I had decided I was going to give birth naturally, but I had not even known about the awful affects of pitocin. I think I had reached a 7 when I finally decided to have the epidural. It felt like forever before the anesthesiologist showed up. As soon as I turned on my side I thought I was going to die. About 10 minutes after the anesthesiologist left, I called the nurse in and begged her to check me because I was still in a ton of pain, and i felt a ton of pressure. Of course being a first time mother and the fact that I was only 3.5 hours into labor I had to Beg the nurse. The look on her face was priceless when she discovered I was truly ready to have that baby. She called my doctor and he told her to have me push once and see how far I got. I pushed once and then the nurse paled a little. She told me NOT to push and she'd call the doctor. Apparently Duncan was ready because he crowned the first push. The doctor told her to give me some more medicine so I was completely numb and he was on his way. The longest part of labor was waiting for my doc. 3 pushes and the sweet baby was here. He was 7 lbs 5 oz and 21 inches long.

He was surrounded by family within minutes. Mine and Bretts. The thing i remember about Duncan was hw had a huge cone head. His head is gargantuan, and his hands and feet were huge. He was perfect.

They had my husband take him to have a bath and I fell asleep I woke up when Bretts best friend showed up 3 hours later and my baby still wasn't back. I sent him to find out what was going on. He was just barely helping bathe him. Apparently the nurse thought they heard a murmur and were freaked out. It took forever for them to find the NICU cardiologist. He listened rolled his eyes and advised them he was fine.

We were able to bring my sweet baby home two days later and we've loved him to pieces ever since. Love you Duncan!!!!

No comments: