Monday, March 21, 2011

Diagnosis at last


Well today was the day. I dropped the kids off at my Mother's house and then picked Brett up from work. We drove up to the U of U and were advised that Jason is Autistic. =)

Yes I know, we've know for a VERY long time, but we wanted to finally get the official diagnosis. I kind of thought I would be a little upset. However, I wasn't.

He's Autistic. We've known that for some time. Getting a diagnosis changes nothing as far as who my son is.

The next step will be to see if we can qualify for Social Security Income. That would be very helpful in the event that we can get Jason to wear a loaner hearing aid. Of course it would also help with the many medical bills that Jason seems to pile up.

Keep your fingers crossed for us. I've heard that SSI can be a real bear!

No comments: