Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Possible Peace

Jason has been a little crazy the last week or so.

When I say crazy, I don't mean ornery. I mean happy, and beyond controlling. I have uploaded a video of my boy being too happy for words from the Pinewood Derby. This is just a very small example of his self stimming.

I haven't really been able to figure out what was wrong with him, or how to calm him down. So, yesterday I took him over to Lisa our Nurse Practitioner and she looked at his ears for me. Nothing.....they looked beautiful......So, I told her, "He's been acting really weird, and he hasn't been sleeping. Even the Melatonin isn't totally helping."

So she checked his throat. BINGO!!! Dumb, Mom!!!! He's got Strep, along with a few more in our family. That didn't even cross my mind.

So today, we went for a walk, came home ate lunch, and went to bed. All without any fits or issues. THANK YOU, LISA!!!!

No comments: