Sunday, January 17, 2010

The house is a bit confused

We are in the process of getting our house ready for new carpet. Which means a lot of boxing and putting in the garage. The beautiful thing about this is, it doesn't necessarily have to come back in. If the kids don't notice it's gone it will stay gone.

We are getting closer everyday to having the kids moved downstairs and my office moved upstairs. Then we will be getting Jason's room in order and hopefully give our little sensory seeker a safe place to play and cut loose.

I'm finding it hard to contain my spending on Jason. The kids room it is necessary to spend a bit of money. Duncan's room is brand new and the girls room will need to have the closet redone and new blinds. As well as a fresh coat of paint.

Jason's room does need to be painted. Duncan picked a hideous blood red color for their room when Jason was born, so I think we will be painting his room sky blue, and sage green. Other then that he has a closet and a lot of stuff. I want to help him get his energy out though, so every time I see something that looks remotely entertaining to Jason I have to completely still my spending needs.

We'll see how long it takes to get everything settled again. I'm so excited to have new carpet and have the kids settled in!!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

How exciting for you guys to get new carpet. I've been waiting fot the financial opportunity to carpet my house for 7 years. I'll have to come take a peek :)