Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Visiting Teaching

I actually went visiting teaching today. Yay me! Well Yay Katie, without her I'd never go. We spent a good hour or so talking to Kate. She is awesome and I love her fun personality, and how friendly she is. We talked about everything from work to kids, to things I'm not going to share about baby bowel movements. =o)

I found out that her mother is blind, so that opened another round of discussion. I had no idea. She said that if things progress for the girls in a direction that looks like we might need more services, to let her know because she has connections.

This months Ensign was the conference report so I had to find a talk that I wanted to share. I really liked Elder David A. Bednar's talk "More Diligent and Concerned at Home." It struck a chord with me, so I thought I would share.

He said, "We can begin to become more diligent and concerned at home by telling the people we love that we love them. Such expressions do not need to be flowery or lengthy. We simply should sincerely and frequently express love."

"We should remember that saying 'I love you' is only a beginning. We need to say it, we need to mean it, and most importantly we need consistently to show it. We need to both express and demonstrate love."

"President Thomas S. Monson recently counseled: 'Often we assume that [the people around us] must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know....We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us.'"

If you want to read the whole talk click Here

No comments: