Thursday, November 19, 2009

A little overwhelmed

Last night I had a moment. It seems like the littlest things are the ones that set me off. I've got a lot of work to catch up on. We are going to be doing a 48 hour turn around now so there is a lot to do to get to that. The girls had been hounding me since they walked in the door. Tori has been struggling with doing her homework. Samantha sits over my shoulder as I work and wants to know when she can play on the computer. Jason is.......Jason.

Of course we had a lack of sleep yesterday which never helps the situation. Paula had come over to discuss a few things with us so it was later then usual. I was trying to get the kids ready for bed after she left. I had Jason in the tub and Brett was making quesadilla's for dinner. Duncan comes into the bathroom and wants to know if I can find him an outfit for Colonial day.

I told him that he needed to do the best he could because I can't do everything. I told him that he needed to chill and decide if it was really that important. He came back in and started pleading for me to help him find a long sleeve white shirt.

So I told Duncan to finish bathing Jason and told Brett I was going for a drive. This doesn't happen that often. I really do try not to lose it that often. So, he wasn't sure what to do about it. I feel bad, I left him at bed time when things seem to pile up on us. I ended up going to the store, because as an LDS woman living in a very quiet place, where else do you go? I bought him his long sleeve white shirt, and a vest.

I probably shouldn't have. He needs to learn to go without sometimes, but I couldn't emotionally handle Duncan's tears last night. I hope today is better. I'm still really tired, but I need to learn to cope with this stuff on top of everything else in our life.

No comments: