Monday, November 9, 2009

300th Post

I can't believe I have so much to write about. 300????? Anyway, it's time to catch up.

I've been going through my annual October funk. Make that Winter funk. I've just had a hard time getting motivated to do much of anything. There have been quite a few appointments and fun things happening around here.

On November 3rd we had an appointment with Dr. Peine. Dr. Peine felt better about his progress, and seeing that making sure he sleeps and gets good nutrition is a key for our boy. We are to work on finding the things that are comforting and rewarding for Jason. Also we have to start working on Biting. Jason has started Biting when he is really frustrated with things. If you take him away from something that he really wants he will try or succeed in biting you.

On November 4th the refinery blew up. It scared the snot out of me! Jason was in the front room and I was in my room chilling with a book. When the house felt like something hit it. I thought Jason had knocked over the refrigerator. That was the only thing I could think of that was big and heavy enough to make such a sound. Which of course in the 2 seconds it took me to get to him I thought he was dead. He was in the freezer, and he looked at me with his sweet blue eyes like, "what's up?" So then I looked into the back yard to make sure that we didn't have a train in our house, NOPE. So I looked in the front yard to see if a truck had plowed into us, NOPE. I noticed that the neighbors were outside so I knew I wasn't the only one that felt it. I walked outside to the billowing smoke and sirens of the refinery. I took some pictures of the other refinery that isn't far away either because it was billowing smoke too, but it wasn't the one that blew up.
This is what Jason was doing as I was running in and out of the house. Literally, this is all he did. He was my focused little boy!
So as I was trying to get things settled down again and get back to work, I got a phone call from the school. Tori had been outside walking on the track and she had gotten some debris in her eye. Of all the kids in the school that could have gotten stuff in her eyes, it had to be my girl. We ran out to Dr. Dries and he looked her over. Her retinas looked good, her eye was completely blood shot so he knew something had been in there but it had finally worked it's way out on the ride out there. She stayed home because he didn't want her to put her contacts in until the next morning.

November 5th Jean Dellangelo came to the house to start the Play Project stuff. She was at my house for 2 hours. Grandma and Grandpa Siddoway came down to see what needed to be done to help Jason out. She recorded me and Grandpa Siddoway to give us a comparison to start with. He played well and really seemed to be involved in the physical play stuff. He played "Catch" for quite a while and when he got bored with that we hid the ball in his shirt and he had fun finding it. He eventually got tired and took his raisins and hid behind the diaper and wipes boxes at the end of the hall. He was finished. She set us up with the website that is involved with the Play Project and we are on our way.

November 6th Duncan and Tori took part in the Story telling festival. They both did well and it was fun to see them be so outgoing. We don't know if they won a spot in the actual festival, but I'll let you know if they do.

Then November 5th-7th was Play practice and the actual play. My poor Jason was pawned off on Grandma and Grandpa Siddoway and Grandma and Grandpa Child for a few days. He was really warn out. It's all done, it was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast and Brett and I did as well. I only flubbed a couple of my lines but I don't think anyone noticed. Duncan was my little actor. He really has a knack for this. He is a natural performer.
November 9th Jean Fowles came to the house to work with Jason again. She is so sweet, and loves the kids she works with. We played with some cars and a track to see if Jason would share. He did OK. He didn't throw a tantrum or anything which is an improvement for him. Then we worked with a DoodlePro and he loved it! (Good idea for Christmas for me.) We traced his hand and said the vowel sounds as we did. He actually kind of started to make some different sounds. Usually he is very quiet as he draws, and he really started to come out of his shell.


Davin & Alli said...

i wish i could have seen the play! stupid flu. i was sound asleep with a fever of 102 when the refinery blew. i woke up too fast and started crying cause i was alone in the house and i thought someone was attacking me(fevers make me act like i'm 4 again) it was NOT FUN! Gotta love the refineries.

Anonymous said...

The play sounds like fun. I'm so glad that you are all well from the refinery blast! What a crazy thing!!!