Wednesday, July 1, 2009

More Choices

Jason has been a pill lately and I've been confused and frustrated. I haven't known what to do, so I asked Paula what her suggestion might be.

He has started to bang his head on things when he's frustrated. I know that this is a normal thing for some kids. I think it's even more common in kids with a hearing loss. I however have never had a kid that does this. My other kids spoke pretty early, so this communication frustration has never really been a problem before.

Paula suggested that we give him more choices so that he feels more in control of his own life. Even if the choice is what shirt do you want to where, or what drink do you want for bed time. Maybe what toy do you want to play with in the tub. Hopefully this will make a difference for my boy!!

No comments: