Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day for real

Today of course was Father's Day. It was a nice fairly relaxing day. It started out with a good night's sleep. Jason slept all night, which is something he has only done a handful of times. That was a pleasant surprise. The kids made there Dad some cereal in bed, and then we went to church.

We were in charge of Singing Time today since the normal Music Leaders have been out of town, so we brought a couple of Brett's old ties and cut them off as the kids improved on singing the Father's Day songs. They all enjoyed themselves immensely. We actually had a couple of teachers tell us how awesome we did. It made me laugh a little because my philosophy in any calling that has to do with entertaining the kids while teaching them something is, as long as you are willing to make a fool out of yourself the kids will enjoy themselves. So you have to figure out how to do a song and dance while teaching them something as well.

We then had the little girl from across the street sit with us in Sacrament Meeting. She is getting baptized this week and has no family support in her decision. She's definitely attention hungry, and I'm worried about her continued activity if she doesn't make a good connection with some kids in the ward so we'll see if I can handle her and my own kids to continue having her sit with us.

Then of course we celebrated the fathers in our lives.

Brett is the most awesome husband in the world. He loves me, and he likes me too. It's so satisfying to have your husband want to come home and be with me. Not just come home and relax, or get away from work, but come home to be with me. He's also an amazing father. He wants to spend time with the kids. He coaches Duncan because he wants to be with him, and he wants to help him be what he wants to be. He's supportive of them and their goals in life. He loves them, and plays with them. If I had thought of my ideal husband and father it would be Brett. I love him and hope he had a good Fathers Day.

My own Dad, is hard working and loving. He has always been a good example in my life. He loves my Mom, and he loves his kids, and his grand kids. He worked 80 hours a week to try and make a life for us, and I used to work with him at the restaurant. My brother and I worked the longest with him so I feel like we got to know him better then my siblings. My Dad used to talk about everything on the way home from work, and I learned a lot about him on those drives. He taught me a lot about being a parent, and a lot about the type of person I want to be, when I grow up.....=0)

Happy Father's Day, Boys!!!!

1 comment:

Hit 40 said...

Beautiful tribute to your men.