Tuesday, March 31, 2009

First day in the "office"

My boss has decided it's time to get an office. The funny thing is it's in his previous house he was unable to sell a block away from my house. We hired an office manager who is going to work out of said house until we decide we don't have room for anymore people in the house. I'll still be working from home. I can't leave my kids, until maybe Jason is in school and then it has to be flexible enough that if any of the kids call me with a medical trauma that I can be there immediately. I guess I'll be working for Joe for a long time. Unless of course my husband gets a huge raise? Probably not.

There are huge benefits in working for the state. But there are also disadvantages as well. Great benefits, lovely retirement, pretty much set wages. Oh well, life goes on.

No comments: