Friday, March 27, 2009

Tori Update

I took Tori to see Dr. Bernstein this morning and they took her patch off. It was not nice, a nasty way to wax if you ask me. The patch was pretty bloody and goopy but her eye is looking pretty good after it was cleaned up. The doctor said it was still a bit foggy, but that would clear up as the week goes on and then they will see how her vision has improved next friday. She does have a stitch from the cataract portion of the surgery that will have to be removed next Friday. That should be a blast!!!


I asked here if she noticed a difference in her vision which she promptly said no. They did the vision test though and what she wasn't realizing is she just had surgery and she needs time to recoop. Her acuity before she had the surgery was 20/120 with her corrective lens in her left eye. It looks like it is now 20/100 right after surgery without correction. As the day has gone by she has noticed a difference in her vision. I'm excited for her ability to recover so quickly. As we speak my little trooper is outside playing with her big brother in the neighborhood. I think I would be lying on the couch whinning!!!

Here's my beautiful girls!!!

2 comments:

lisa louise said...

wow, what a brave girl, i'm glad its working. i heard that your mom saw my painting? i better be careful what i post if my aunt is checking up on me. haha

Melanie Lutz said...

I sent it to her! I figured she'd be impressed!!!