Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September 17th

The 17th was Jason's first day of school.  He was not happy.  I think he really did know what was going on and was VERY displeased by the outcome of the day.  

Grandpa Siddoway picked us up and drove us up to his school.  Grandma and Grandpa are very excited and curious as to what Jason will be doing everyday.  I thought he would be so happy to have Mama sitting in the back of the car with him, but about half way up to the school he started to whine.  When we got him up there he didn't want to get out of the car, he didn't want to walk, he didn't want that backpack on.  He was not happy.


I think he truly sensed that we were going to leave him.  He was so upset that Brett finally picked him up and put him on his head.  That helped a little.


He found a little toy piano and that seemed to help also.  Then I told him we were going bye-bye and he started following us out the door.  Then of course it broke my heart when he realized we were leaving him there.  The next few weeks really sucked.


After a tear filled ride home (yes, I'm a big bawl baby and I struggled with leaving him.)  Brett started working around the house.  The head board of our bed was very low and the shelf was way below the mattress.  This is his fix for that.  It is quite lovely to have 3 shelves now instead of 2.



I was so excited to pick up Jason that I could hardly believe it.  I wanted to make sure that he was ok.  This is the van that brings him to school


He was so happy to see us that he kissed us a lot!


I love this sweet boy!



No comments: