Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tuesday's Craziness

Tuesday morning I had a doctors appointment for Jason. Just a random check up. On the way to the office he started having an asthma attack. By the time we actually got into see Lisa, he was pretty wheezy! So she listened to his lunges, and looked at his ears. One of his ears was pretty red, and then of course with the lungs thing. So first thing first a quick steroid shot, second a good dose of Albuterol with the Nebulizer. Then of course she wrote us a prescription for an antibiotic. We discussed a few other things, but all and all that was about it.

Then there was Speech and OT. These two appointments were back to back. It was a bit exhausting! I'm enjoying this OT, not that I didn't like Julia. However, I think Julia is way on overload!! Poor Thing!!

I recorded a bunch of the OT stuff. I'm still not 100% sure about what the purpose here is. Can you tell I'm on overload as well? He was acting REALLY tired! I'm not sure why, but I think he needs a bed of the plastic balls. I swear he could totally fall asleep in it.


The idea is to have him do an obstacle course. Make him think. The blocks are a visual way for him to know when he's finished. ie: When all the blocks are in the tube he's finished.


I think he finally woke up but he was such a silly kid!


Then we moved into another room, and worked on his fine motor skills. I think he enjoyed every one of the activities.


I love how he looks at the box every now and again, to see how many more he gets to do.


It's amazing how tired my three year old was for this appointment.


This was his favorite by far! I need to get 10 of these pens!!!



After all that was speech and by that time Jason was done cooperating. Greg tried to get him to say "IN" and "OUT". He put him in the barrel, and would try and get any sign that he wanted out. But Jason being Jason would just shimmy his way out of the barrel. We'll keep working, but I'm not sure we'll be seeing big steps in progress anytime soon......






No comments: