Monday, August 15, 2011

15 Years

I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. It seems like yesterday I was kicking my husband out of the car. Ok.....well....I guess I'll have to tell this story.

In February we had gone to New York to visit Brett's Brother and Sister-in-Law. On the ride home I asked Brett, "What would you say if I told you I loved you?" Of course since we have been married for quite a while now you would know what his answer was.

Then one night Brett and I were kissing in the car. I advised him he was going to drive me crazy, to which he replied, "Or you could marry me." I believe I said, "Ya.....I guess I could do that." Then I said, "Get out of my car, this is really weird." Yes. I was quite mature enough for the Proposal of marriage.

The next day Brett picked me up and we went shopping for my ring. We sat in his parents family room waiting for them to get home. Hiding my hand the whole time. Then his folks walked in the door, and Brett flashed my hand at his mother. She looked at it and said, "You're supposed to warn me about these things." She had to turn around and compose herself but was quick to recover. She was very happy for us.

We then went down to my folks and I advised Brett to stay upstairs. I was unsure of how my Mother would react. When I got down there I showed her my ring, she looked very concerned. She said, "You know you don't have to get married just because your brother did." This is of course the kind of response I expected from my Mom. She just doesn't take these kinds of things very well. I of course let her know that I wasn't basing my whole eternity on the fact that my brother was just married a few months before.

As you can tell, we are doing pretty good. We have our speed bumps, and glitches like everyone else, but 15 years and we are still going strong.

Love you babe, with all my heart.

No comments: