Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gotta Love the Neighbors!

I put Jason down for a nap and was getting some work done, when there was a frantic banging at my door. I could tell by the light touch that it was the next door 3 year old. I ran upstairs to tell him Sam wasn't home, he looked at me and said "NO, my Daddy at work and my Mommy gone!" It took me a minute to figure out that he thought his Mom had left him. I said, "I'm sure your Mommy's home. Do you need help getting back into your house?" He said yes, so I walked him home.

He opened the door without any help, but said "See! They are gone!!!" I said "I'm sure your Mommy or Daddy are home." He looked at me teary eyed, "Daddy at work, Mommy Gone!!" So I said, "I'm sure your Mommy's home, I'll stay right here in the door way while you look around for Mommy. She could be laying down, or maybe she's downstairs. Why don't you go look downstairs." So he ran to the top of the stairs and yelled for his mom. To which came an immediate response. He looked at me with a smile and said, "She is downstairs!" His mother came up to see who he was talking too, and I explained that he thought she had left him.

It makes me chuckle, and also is another reason that I'm greatful that I stay home with the kids. Because if I wasn't home, who would be here to rescue the neighbor boy for desertion? =)

No comments: