Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday

Today was pretty cool. Jason usually throws a huge fit if you turn of his "stories". I started getting him dressed and told him about 3 times we were getting ready to go to preschool. When it was actually time to leave, I turned off the t.v. and said, "It's time to go to Pre-school. Come on." Believe it or not, he walked to the door without a hassle! It was priceless!!!

I started out on the wrong side of the bed, but my SWEET BABY BOY let me take a nap. Well, he took a nap, so I got to. So when the kids got home I was amazingly well rested.

Brett got home from work, and we ran to soccer practice. After the last soccer game, I told Brett I'd be happy to coach the goalies a little. At least, I would be happy if their wasn't anyone else to help them. It was quite fun. The little goalie I worked with first came out of his shell pretty quick. Then, one of the other kids that wants to be goalie started begging for his chance to be trained. It was kind of cute. Duncan seems to be picking up on defense quite well. If he really wants to continue, I think he has a future.

We finished up and got home for dinner and homework. Duncan practiced his violin. He's only on lessons 3-6 right now, but he was keeping time and everything. The book comes with a CD, that they can play along with, so I think he might end up being able to play. Way to go Duncan.

Samantha and Tori did their Braille homework. Marcia has started the girls bringing home actual readers and stories. Samantha told me she had to read the book with her eyes before she used her fingers. I smiled and told her we needed to try it with just her fingers first. I told her she could see the pictures when she was finished reading the pages. She was so proud of herself. She got a big grin on her face.

Tori is AMAZING! She just shocks me with how she is picking this up. She reads beautifully. I also love that I don't have to watch her eyes getting visibly exhausted as she reads. She is so AWESOME!!!!

No comments: