Saturday, October 23, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Today was the last day of swimming lessons for the girls. Neither passed their level but they were both closer then I would have every thought possible.

Samantha's Teacher said: Great job at your elementary backstroke. Remember to take big breaths on your front crawl. Super Job!

The thing that she didn't pass was Jump into deep water from the side, swim front crawl for 15 yards, maintain position by treading or floating for 30 seconds and swim elementary backstroke for 15 yards.

Tori's Teacher said: Victoria that was some great swimming. Your breaststroke was great! Make sure you keep working on having a really good kick on that front crawl it will help a ton. Have fun in the next swim lessons.

The things that she didn't pass were 1.Shallow-angle dive, glide 2 body lengths and begin any front stroke (in water at least 9-feet deep) 2. Pike surface dive, submerging completely 3.Backstroke flip turn while swimming 4. Perform a shallow-angle dive into deep water, swim front crawl for 50 yards, change direction and position of travel as necessary and swim elementary backstroke for 50 yards. 5. Swim breaststroke for 25 yards, change direction and position of travel as necessary and swim back crawl for 25 yards.

As you can see Tori's is much more complex. I don't think I could do any of what the expect her to do to pass this level.

They both are doing well. Samantha can swim for the most part. I think her biggest issue is her ability to stay focused and listen to the teacher. When Sam's in the water she wants to play. Tori swims better then I do. Her biggest issue is that she forgets to kick. I do the same thing. I would rather use my arms then kick. Weird I know.

They are signed up for another session starting next week. Hopefully Sam will pass since she only had one thing she had to work on. I hope to see Tori build her stamina.

No comments: