Friday, January 3, 2014

November 8th-9th

Duncan had a meet in St. George.  We decided to support him since this was his first, and drive down to see him swim.  This of course took a lot of planning, and Grandma and Grandpa Siddoway had the three others over night.  This isn't a small feat.  I don't think we've ever had Jason spend the night with out us.

They looked like they were going to miss us huh.  =)

Duncan took the bus down, and we drove down by ourselves.  It was a little weird to be in the car that long without having to turn around and tell someone to stop fighting.

We went straight to the pool, and found Duncan in his deck coat.  He thought he was pretty hot stuff.

Warm ups.

He was nervous to go because he didn't know anyone.  Brett and I had found a place on the bleachers and there wasn't room for Duncan so he went to sit on the floor.  A sweet kid behind us told Duncan he could sit with him.  Duncan looked a little hesitant, and the kid said, "Dude....we're on the same team."  That was that.  Duncan was fine for the rest of the trip.

Duncan's first 50 freestyle. 

Duncan wanted to meet up for dinner, and I advised him this was our only time in six years we had a hotel room to ourselves.  So I wasn't going to go to dinner with the swim team.  We were going on a date.

Yes.  This is a picture of our king size bed.  We both slept all night, and didn't wake up sore from being mauled by a six year old.  At about 9:00 pm, Duncan texted us and wanted to know if we wanted anything from McDonalds.  I laughed and advised him we were ok, and to have fun.

This was what made Duncan the happiest.  He likes seeing his name on stuff.

Duncan's first 100 freestyle.

Duncan thought his hair was awesome.  I thought it was ok, as long as it was clean and chlorine free.  Since chlorine free wasn't an option his poor hair was like hay.  This boy told Duncan he had good hair, and I about laughed myself silly.  

Duncan's first relay.  I of course didn't flip it to video so I only got the last little bit of Duncan's leg.

I pulled this picture out of one of the videos.  Although it shows that Duncan has a pretty good dive going, the kid in the back ground makes the picture gold.

We went home without any glitches, and Duncan stayed with the team and rode home on the bus.  I think it was a good experience for him, and a well deserved evening for us.

We got home to happy kids, and exhausted Grandparents.  All went well, and Jason actually made it through the night.

No comments: