Thursday, January 16, 2014

December 9th

Morning's at our house right now are crazy.  Every other morning Brett gets Duncan to swimming by 7am.  Then I have to get Tori to school.  Then I get home and have to get Jason up and moving to get him on the bus.  Then Samantha needs to get out the door to meet up with her friends she walks to school with.  After that every other day I have to go get Duncan at the rec center.  We come home, he eats breakfast and then I have to get him to school by 9:00 am.  Every other day he just hangs out until I get him to school by 9:00 am.  
On this particular morning the bus was stuck.  There was a ton of snow, as you can see, and they couldn't get through the streets.  Duncan had called about fifteen minutes earlier and I was starting to worry that I wasn't going to get to him until after 9:00 am.  So I ran to get Duncan and made it back just in time to see that the bus was in front of our house.  The kids jumped out of the van and rushed him to the van so I didn't have to drive him to school in that mess.  I'm grateful for kids that will help me!

That afternoon Tori and Duncan tried out for the school play.

Tori was absolutely terrified. Which is hilarious to me because she would sing in front of the ward no problem, but you put her in front of someone who is actually going to critique here singing ability and she freaks out.  She is really hard to hear.  Part of the way through it Duncan puts the phone down, and I asked him what he was doing.  He looked really frustrated at me and said, "Mom, she's really nervous. This isn't helping."  How sweet is that!


Duncan has no questions about how awesome he is so he had no problem projecting.  The only thing he did that was maybe not so good, was he brought the words written down on a piece of paper.  That doesn't always impress the teacher who knows you have to memorize a bunch of lines and lyrics.


They had call backs and Duncan wanted to be sneaky and try to make Tori think only he had callbacks but she had already seen the list.  However it did work when they put up the cast list.  Duncan said, "Tori, they put up the cast list."  She immediately said, "I know!!!  I didn't get a part!!!"  Duncan then said, "Well, I got the lead in the Newsies song, and a cameo in another."  She than blurts out again, "I know Duncan, thanks!"  He continued, "And well, you got two parts!"  She screamed with Joy.  Tori will be playing Aunt Em in the over the rainbow part, and she will be an orphan in the Annie part of the show.  She was so excited, and Duncan just loved seeing her reaction when she found out she had been picked too.  


No comments: