Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tori's Eyes

So the reason that Brett recorded the concert is because I was on the phone with the On Call at the Moran Eye Center.  Tori's eyes have been hurting, and I thought it was just allergies.  She said it felt like there was something in it, so I pulled up her eye lid and told her to look around.  There was something weird with her eye and it freaked me out.  So I called the on call.  I finally hung up after half the concert was over.  The doctor called me back during the 2nd to last song.  She wanted to see Tori so we split up the kids with Grandma and Grandpa Child and headed up to the center.  The whole way, Tori was sure she was going to go into surgery this time.  Usually she isn't too worried, but she really was having some anxiety.

We met the on call down on the main level.  She put some dye in Tori's eye, numbed it and checked her pressures.  She checked Tori's vision, which is a little worse than before, and than looked at her through the microscope.

Good news is she only has a bacterial infection.  What I was seeing was her eye swelling, and the buckle (I think) was making her eye fold.  WEIRD!!!!

She has eye drops and I get to go see Dr. Dries with her today.

No comments: