Saturday, September 15, 2012

new job

In August a friend of mine posted on Facebook that her sister was hiring part-time associates at a new Dress Barn.  I decided to give it a shot.  I didn't try very hard.  I figured that if I got the job it would be the right thing for me.  I went to the interview, explained that I knew her sister.  I was in jeans and had mascara on.  That was it.  I put on some earrings and a necklace but that was the only accessories that I had.  I was just myself, and went home with a pretty good feeling about things.  

The night of scouts I was hanging out in the hall, and my friends son said, "Congratulations on the job!"  I started laughing and asked him if he knew something I didn't.  The poor kid was mortified.

Well, I got the job and have quite enjoyed my new job.  I'm still working from home, so basically I'm working full-time now.  The problem with my at home job, is that there isn't a lot of work.  They say all they want that you can work a lot on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday...but Jason makes working 4 hours a hard day let alone 10.....so I got my awesome new job and I get a 40% off on full priced and 20% off of sale items.

I got my awesome scarf because our van doesn't have air conditioning  and it's better to  have the scarf then have to do my hair over again.


My feet and legs are slowly adjusting, but they were hurting for a long time!


This was the first night I closed.  I love our dressing room.  It's beautiful.


After not wearing make-up for so long I feel like I'm playing dress-up.


No comments: