Monday, June 13, 2011

Craziness (tired ramblings of a mom playing catch-up!)

Last week turned out to be one of those weeks. It was the first week of Summer. The kids were riled up and nuts. Duncan was being very teenage like and wanted to spend as much time as possible away from the house. Tori was pouting about everything. Samantha was being Samantha and wouldn't listen without me screaming. Jason pooped about 100 times, without his diaper on of course. By Friday, I had lost it!

And because I was ready to throw in the towel I was not paying attention to Jason as well as I should. This weekend he has flooded the tub 3 times. Thank goodness for a wet/dry vac. I swear when things seem like they should be good, they turn out insane! It doesn't help that we are changing routines, the kids are growing up. I'm getting older. There is more responsiblility and more exhaustion with everyday!

Yesterday was my Birthday. My sweet husband bought me an iPod. I LOVE IT! I told him he bought me a moment of serenity. I enjoy it that much. We went to church, and Jason slept pretty much through the whole thing. I relaxed took a nap, played on the computer, didn't change one diaper, and Brett cleaned up the last overflowing of the tub for the weekend.

We went to my folks had cake and ice-cream and then Jason took off his diaper and pooped on my Mom's carpet and climbed all over their furniture. That was fabulous!! I took Jason outside and sprayed him down with the hose. No response whatsoever. My night in shining armor cleaned up the poop in the house, and we went home.

Jason was sick last night with major diarrhea. I can't tell you how many diapers I've changed in the last 12 hours. He is feeling SO much better and is my sweet boy again. Hopefully we can either keep the diaper on or potty train him. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: