Monday, February 1, 2010

I know I'm a BRAT!!

I've been spoiled! I feel like such a brat!

I'm hiding in my new office.

I know I've got the best kids in the world, but I'm ready to have time off!!!!

Duncan, as was expected, really didn't want to move downstairs. He's adjusting, but has been a bit of a pill. When he's not pouting about being downstairs, he's demanding something new.

Tori, as was expected, has been really good about moving downstairs. The only thing with her this week has been her orthodontist appointment today. We thought her braces wouldn't be too much since she is so young. But, with all the work she is going to be closer to $5000.00. Which means no braces yet.

Samantha has been struggling. She is really having a hard time lately, with everything. I don't know if it's all the Jason stuff, the other kids, just being 6. She's been a bit of a monkey. Yesterday she was grounded from the computer. I don't even remember why. Brett was frustrated with her so he grounded her from the computer. Then, when the kids went to bed, Tori came upstairs and said, "Dad, I don't think you put my bed together right. It's not feeling like it supports me." So Brett went downstairs, and sure enough, it was broken.

Brett had put up Samantha's bed first. She immediately started jumping on it. Brett told Samantha not to jump on the beds because she will break them. So he put up Tori's bed, and left the room.

Somewhere in between the beds being put up and bed time, Samantha jumped on Tori's bed and snapped the frame. So at 9:30pm Brett was trying to fix Tori's bed so that we could all go to sleep.

Then at the store today, I was playing with Jason. He was being so sweet, and giggling. We put Popsicles in the cart and he pointed at them and said, "Ca-ca". So I bent down to kiss him again, and play with him, and the little monster bit my top lip. I know this is just because I overstimulated him. I know this, but it doesn't mean that I don't feel any worse. It's silly, I know, but I'm a little heart broken. Why can't I just play with my 2 1/2 year old? My other kids, could be played with and talked to. Why can't I just hug him and kiss him? sigh........

I know......it's just how this works. Doesn't make it any easier.

1 comment:

coolcool654 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.