Monday, February 9, 2009

My Sweet Babies

Our ward has had another blow. Our Awesome Bishop has lost his wonderful Wife. She passed away Sunday morning, due to cancer. She was the most giving person and did anything for anyone.

My kids said that we needed to make the Bishop cookies. I told them that would be a good idea and we would do that this week.

Well, they took it into their own hands to try to make our Bishop feel better. I let the kids walk to The Apple for a treat today. This was the first time that I've let them go by themselves. On their way home, they stopped at the Bishops home and gave him a chocolate doughnut and a root beer. I'm not sure if the Bishop likes either of those, but I'm sure their gesture will not be missed.

What a great example they are to me, to help those in need! Not just physical, but emotional as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What amazing kids! You know, they say you can tell a lot about what kind of mother someone is by how their kids are... I'd say you are pretty awesome.

Aprilyn said...

You have great kids! How old was the bishop's wife? My mom died of cancer too. I was 18, she was 45. That was 16 yrs ago.

Melanie Lutz said...

Crazy!! I think she was in her 50's. She had been fighting it for 16 years though.

My kids are pretty awesome. Sometimes it's hard to see past the fits and fighting though. =)

lisa louise said...

that is the cutes thing i've ever heard of!!!