Monday, July 1, 2013

I found it on Pinterest "Oven Candied Tangerines"

I wanted to try this recipe just for fun.  It looked intriguing to me.  I found it on Pinterest and here is the link.  I peeled four tangerines and laid them out on parchment paper.  I did my best to get rid of all the pith as suggested.  


I set the oven as low as it would go (200 degrees) and waited 30 minutes.  They were still not quite done.  I let them roast for about an hour and a half, and this is the result.  I know it doesn't look too different.


The author suggested that you eat it with yogurt.  I picked creamsicle.  Who can go wrong with creamsicle?


This was my awesome snack.  They were lovely!  The sugars were concentrated and I enjoyed them more without the yogurt then with.  


It is a requirement to get all the pith off the oranges.  The sugars are concentrated but so is the flavor of the pith.  That was yucky.  I left some in the refrigerator for Brett to try them in the morning (he had fallen asleep by the time they were finished.)  When he got up they were all gone, Jason had loved them as well.

No comments: