Sunday, October 23, 2011

First School Dance

Not that I got any pictures. I REALLY would have loved to been a fly on the wall. Duncan had his first school dance. He was so excited he could barely stand it. He told me to come pick him up at 3:00pm. When I got there the dance was still going on. You cannot believe how tempted I was to sneak in and see if I could find him. I was so proud of myself.....I waited....and waited....and waited.....The kids started pouring out of the gym.....I waited.....and waited.....and waited.....still no Duncan. I wanted to go run around the school and find out how the dance went....but I waited.....and waited.....and waited.......soon my Mother instincts started going crazy and I started freaking out......about 3:30pm, I left the school and started for home without my son. I called home frantic hoping he might pick up the phone. The little bugger did!!!!

Needless to say, it took me a little while to calm down. It also took me a little while to find out that he danced with the girl he wanted to dance with, and since he was successful he decided to head for home. At least he felt the day was a success.....and I still have a son. =)

No comments: